Supplementary Agreement with Suppliers of Products and Services to Werthenbach Aerospace GmbH
I. General Information
Aviation, space and defense organizations must deliver safe and reliable products to their customers. These products shall meet or exceed customer and applicable regulatory requirements. Continuous improvement of products, services and support serves ongoing customer satisfaction.
Werthenbach Aerospace GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "Werthenbach") maintains a certified quality management system in accordance with the currently valid version of the European standard EN9100 “Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations”. EN9100 assumes suppliers and service providers meet certain quality requirements and other demands. These requirements are recorded in the "Supplementary Agreement with Suppliers of Products and Services to Werthenbach Aerospace GmbH" (hereinafter referred to as the "Supplementary Agreement").
The Supplementary Agreement shall apply in addition (in the case of disagreements subordinated) to Werthenbach's "General Purchasing Conditions" or the "International Purchasing Conditions”. Suppliers of products and services (hereinafter collectively referred to as "suppliers") commit to comply with this supplementary agreement in all contracts concluded after 1st November, 2019.
II. Supplier`s Obligations
1. The supplier will oblige direct and subsequent external providers (external providers of the supplier are all subcontractors as well as other contractual partners required for fulfillment of contractual obligations towards Werthenbach) to comply with the agreed obligations from this supplementary agreement. The supplier will only use external providers with a functioning quality management system (QMS) that is monitored by the supplier.
2. The supplier is obliged to inspect direct and subsequent external providers on a regular basis to ensure that all requirements from contractual obligations towards Werthenbach are fulfilled.
3. Werthenbach may demand documented evidence from the external supplier in order to proof that the supplier has satisfied himself of the effectiveness of the quality management system of his external providers. Plus, the supplier shall ensure the quality of his purchased parts by suitable measures.
4. The supplier shall implement and maintain an effective QMS, at least in accordance with the requirements of the current DIN EN ISO 9001 standard. The effectiveness shall be verified by internal audits as well as by an independent, accredited certification company.
5. The supplier shall immediately notify Werthenbach in writing of any non-compliant processes, products or services that may cause deviations or losses of quality within the agreed service. Further actions are to be agreed with Werthenbach and may not be implemented without prior written approval by Werthenbach. The responsible contact person at Werthenbach shall immediately be informed in writing, if the supplier has detected a quality deviation for the first time and it is to be suspected that already delivered products may have similar deviations. No non-conforming products may be delivered without prior written approval by Werthenbach.
6. The supplier shall implement appropriate actions within the scope of his QMS to prevent the use of counterfeit parts.
7. The supplier shall notify Werthenbach of changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of their external providers or location of production site, if these changes may have an influence on the previously agreed services. Prior written approval must be obtained.
8. In general, a partial or complete subcontracting of production orders or the provision of services to external providers is not permitted and requires the prior written approval of Werthenbach. If production orders are subcontracted by the supplier after prior written consent by Werthenbach, the supplier must ensure that the requirements of the contractual agreement are also fulfilled by his external suppliers. The supplier is liable for the involvement of external suppliers as if he had provided the services himself.
9. Test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation, or auditing shall be provided to Werthenbach by the supplier upon request.
10. The records associated with agreed services shall be archived in accordance with the statutory storage obligations and disposal requirements. Unless otherwise agreed, the retention period for records shall in any case be at least 10 years. The records shall be protected against unauthorized access, damage or loss. Associated documents shall be made available for inspection upon request.
11. Werthenbach, our customer and regulatory authorities shall be granted access to the applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information, at any level of the supply chain.
12. The supplier shall ensure that his employees comply with all necessary activities for successful implementation of quality requirements in order to achieve product and service conformity and product safety. The competence and required qualification of employees and persons who have influence on the conformity of the products must be guaranteed. Furthermore, the supplier must ensure that persons are aware of:
- Their contribution to product or service conformity;
- Their contribution to product safety;
- The importance of ethical behavior.
III. Obligations of Werthenbach
Werthenbach is obliged to annually evaluate the performance of its suppliers in accordance with the currently valid QMS requirements. The survey collects at least the following key performance indicators:
- On-time delivery
- Complaint rate (defects, shortfalls, inadequate labelling, inadequate documentation, incorrect article)
If Werthenbach's requirements are not met, actions to improve supplier performance will be demanded. Corrective actions must be defined, communicated and implemented immediately. If no improvement can be seen, the status as qualified supplier may be revoked.
IV. Other applicable documents (latest editions)
In addition, the following documents and requirements apply:
- EN 9100
- Agreed customer-specific and part-specific requirements